This is a favorite around the Huth house! My husband raves about this pizza, and he’s very particular about his pizza ;). I know you’ll love this recipe, and it’s very versatile., and easy to make. You can use any kind of grilled or shredded meat here! You can even skip the meat and make it vegetarian by substituting black beans, and roasted corn -yum! Tweak this recipe and make it your own, or make it just as it is because honestly…it’s amazing!
BBQ Pork Tenderloin Pizza
Recipe: Yields 1 12 inch Pizza
- 1/2 recipe of my Pizza Crust or store bought is fine
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Lb Grilled Pork Tenderloin cut into slices (Can also use shredded chicken, steak, or any other meat!)
- 2/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Fresh Mozzarella Slices
- 2/3 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese or Smoked Gouda cheese
- 3 Strips Cooked Bacon Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Onion Slices
- 1 Small Can of Sliced Black Olives (optional)
- Pickled Jalapeno Slices
- Diced Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 500 Degrees F and place your pizza pan ( I use a rectangle cookie sheet) in the oven (this allows the pan to get nice and hot for the ultimate crust!)
- Flour and sprinkle corn meal on your surface- I use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough, and sprinkle the top with the crushed garlic and drizzle it with the tablespoon of olive oil and massage all over the pizza.
- Pour the BBQ sauce over the pizza and with a spoon spread it around in a circular motion until the pizza is covered in the sauce.
- Next, top the pizza with the cheese, pork, bacon, onion slices, black olives, jalapeno slices (as many as you can handle), and cilantro. You can drizzle the bacon fat on top at the end, or some olive oil, or extra BBQ sauce.
- Carefully open the oven ( it will be very hot so use oven mitts).
- Pull out the oven rack with the pizza pan and place the pizza on top (yes, the silicone mat or parchment paper will be under the pizza itself and on top of the pan while baking).
- Bake the pizza for about 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
- Carefully transfer the pizza onto a cutting board and slice it with a pizza cutter and enjoy!