Yum! These potatoes are so amazing paired with steak, grilled chicken, or my favorite- Eggs Benedict!
Recipe: Yields 2 Servings
- 1-2 Russet Potatoes (if on the smaller side do two)
- Kosher Salt
- Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder (Optional)
- Oil for Frying
- 1) Boil the Water: fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water and sprinkle generously with salt, and bring it to a boil.
- On a cutting board start slicing your potatoes, then cutting them into medium sized squares. Pour the potatoes into the boiling water. Boil the potatoes for about 6 minutes, then drain them.
- 2) Cook the Potatoes: In a medium sized skillet ( I use a cast iron) put enough oil to coat the pan. Heat the pan to medium-high. Once the pan is nice and hot, carefully add the boiled potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for about 6 minutes or until they are crispy, and golden on the outside. Add salt, chili flakes, chili powder, and black pepper at the end.
- 3) Transfer your potatoes onto your plate and voila!
You’ve got yourself a delicious plate of perfectly crispy and soft potatoes!