These have to be my FAVORITE tortillas yet! So delicious, incredibly easy, and versatile. You can use these to make burritos, tacos, my delicious Chicken Enchilada Casserole– you name it.
I strongly believe that oats are the ULTIMATE super food/ pantry staple. There’s practically only ONE ingredient in this recipe. All you need is a little bit of kneading, and rolling, and you’ve got delicious and healthy homemade tortillas! Yay 🙂
Recipe: Yields 5: 7-inch Tortillas
- 1 Cup Oat Flour (Rolled Oats Blended Into Flour)
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 -1/2 Teaspoon Fine Salt
- Start by boiling 1 cup of water and heating up a pancake griddle or skillet.
- Mix the oat flour, and salt together in a bowl then gradually add the hot water with a fork until everything is combined and the dough starts to form – the dough will be sticky and warm.
- Let the dough cool slightly for about a minute or two. With your hands start forming the dough (it will pull away from the bowl).
- Take the dough out of the bowl, and place it in a silicone mat or on top of your counter and form a log.
- Slice the log into 5 equal pieces, and form those pieces into balls.
- Making one tortilla at a time, place parchment paper on top of the ball, press down with your hand, then roll it out with the rolling pin to form the tortilla.
- gently remove the parchment paper from the tortilla and place it onto the hot skillet and cook it for about a minute per side.
- Place the cooked tortillas into a plate, and repeat until you’ve made them all!
- Store the tortillas in an air tight baggie in the refrigerator for about a week.