This is such a quick, easy, and delicious recipe! It’s full of flavor from the sausage and the tomato sauce, and screams full comfort. It’s also low in carbs and perfect for dinner paired up with mashed potatoes, a salad, and a glass of wine. Yum! Leftovers are also perfect for lunch.
Definitely give these a try, they are absolutely DIVINE.
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 Lb Chicken Sausage (casing removed)
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Trim the ends off the zucchini’s. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in shells. Finely chop pulp. Place the zucchini halves into the casserole dish and sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage, zucchini pulp, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add in 1/2 of the marinara sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, add mozzarella cheese and mix well. Spoon the sausage mixture into the zucchini shells and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the cheese has melted, and the zucchini has cooked.
- These keep well in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
- You can make these vegetarian by adding soy meat instead of sausage, or other veggies!
- You can also substitute any kind of cheese or meat here but I HIGHLY recommend the sausage…it’s just packed with so much flavor!