This is such a wonderful bread – it smells like the holidays there’s no doubt about that but it’s special all year round. I am sitting here on a cozy, rainy, spring morning sipping on my coffee and enjoying the perfect slice as we speak. It makes you happy, it tastes nostalgic, it’s delightful. Go ahead make this delicacy for your perfect cozy morning, afternoon treat, or just because ;).
Recipe: Yields 1 loaf (8 Slices)
- 1 ½ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¾ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup of Sugar
- ½ Cup of Molasses
- 1 Cup of Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ Cup of Melted Butter (Cooled)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Powdered Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, and grease your loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter (I used a 3×9 which is smaller than your standard pan).
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients ( Flour, BP, BS, Salt, Ginger, Nutmeg).
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients (Sugar, Molasses, Buttermilk, Eggs, Butter, Vanilla).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix it with a spatula until it is just combined (do not over mix – the dough will be lumpy).
- Pour the mixture into your loaf pan.
- Bake it for 46 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes, then you’re ready to take it off the pan! Run a knife around the edges then turn it into a plate.
- Let it cool completely, then dust it with powdered sugar.