Sharing a very delicious Pumpkin Bread recipe today! It’s not overly sweet, and quite healthy for you. There are no added sweeteners of any kind here, just the natural sweetness from the banana and spices with a hint of stevia (if preferred). You can absolutely add 1-2 Tablespoons of maple syrup to this recipe! Just reduce the amount of almond milk by the amount of maple syrup that you use.
The banana flavor isn’t over powering and adds a delicious amount of sweetness, this flavorful bread is fall in a bite. It’s perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee, nut butter, pumpkin butter, or yogurt. A healthy pick me up in the afternoon as well 🙂
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
Yields 6-8 Slices
- 1 Cups Oat Flour (rolled oats blended into flour)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop whey protein (I use Hammer’s vanilla flavor)
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond milk
- 6 drops Sweetleaf stevia (optional)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips for Topping (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Nuts of Choice for Topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan ( I used a small one) with parchment paper or simply spray with non-stick spray so the bread doesn’t stick.
- In a medium bowl mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Next, throw the wet ingredients into a blender (yogurt, milk, egg, banana, pumpkin puree, nut butter), or just mash them separately then incorporate them into the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently until it just combines. Do not over mix
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and sprinkle the chocolate chips, nuts, and maybe some extra oats! The approach is yours
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean and the edges are slightly golden.
- Let the bread cool completely then gently take it out of the loaf pan (this should be easy with the parchment paper). If you don’t have it lined with parchment paper, you can run a knife around the edges then flip over once it completely cools! Careful because the chocolate chips might stick to the surface of your hands if not cooled completely. Then slice it into 6-8 slices.
- Spread some nut butter on these, some greek yogurt, or just enjoy them as they are!
*These store well in the fridge for about a week or in the freezer for about two months. Wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap then defrost the night before you want to eat these! Such an easy and quick to-go breakfast or snack.
*You can also add the chocolate chips to the batter itself, but I absolutely love the goodness on top!