Soft and pillow-y right out of the oven. Perfectly sweet with the touch of honey, and that buttery biscuit-y bite. These cookies/biscuits are delicious AND addicting. Beware….your children, husband, and you won’t be able to stop once you have a bite.
Biscuits for breakfast anyone? Yes please! 😉
Chocolate Chip Biscuit Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg *optional
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it really well.
- Gather your dry ingredients (flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg) into a mixing bowl, and mix until combined.
- Add in the honey and egg, and then slowly incorporate the cool melted butter and mix everything together.
- Last, add the semisweet chocolate chips, but reserve a few to top at the end.
- With a cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons drop the biscuit/cookie dough into your prepped baking sheet then top each with the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then bang the baking sheet on the counter just a little bit so the cookies flatten out a little bit. They will still be a little puffy and that’s okay. They are like buttery biscuit cookies…so good!
*Store these at room temperature 4 days or in the freezer for a couple months in an airtight bag*
Okay, so I know the name says “classic” but that’s what makes these cookies so magical. This recipe doesn’t call for anything fancy like cranberries and nuts…(although that’s delicious)! Sometimes simple is best 😉
What’s America’s favorite cookie? It’s this all time classic perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie, and it’s a favorite for a reason.
These cookies are soft and chewy in the middle and crispy on the edge. Just what a cookie should be! I used mini chocolate chips here since I love those little bits of chocolate throughout the cookie and in every bite.
The sea salt is a must! Trust me…just a little bit on top before baking. This is what makes these next level.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 18 Cookies
- 3/4 cup of softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 package of semisweet chocolate chips (I used the mini)
- coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- In a mixer (or with your hand mixer and a large bowl) cream the butter, white, and brown sugar together until light in color. It should be nice and soft/fluffy.
- Slowly add in the vanilla, and egg and beat together.
- Start incorporating the flour 1 cup at a time (it gets messy if you add it all at once), and add in the baking soda, and salt.
- Once that’s mixed together, add your chocolate chips and with a spatula fold them into the dough. You don’t need to use a hand or stand mixer for this part or you’ll over mix the dough.
- Use a cookie scoop (or two teaspoons) to scoop out your cookies into your lined baking sheets. Make sure to spread them out about 2 inches apart so they don’t stick together when they bake. The batter should make about 18 medium sized cookies. You can make them bigger or smaller (that will also change the quantity).
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cookies have cracked a little bit in the center.
- Let them cool slightly or eat them straight out of the oven 😉
*These cookies store well in the freezer for months! Simply scoop them raw into a lined baking sheet (they don’t need to be spread apart) and put them in the freezer to harden a little bit (about 20-30 minutes) then transfer into Ziplock bag. Defrost in the fridge at least a couple hours before you plan on baking them 🙂
Hope you enjoy!