I have gone bananas for this delicious sweet bread! It’s perfectly moist, flavorful from all the spices and the ripe bananas. Every bite is truly delightful. This makes an excellent to-go breakfast or snack all week long. Just pair it up with your favorite cup of tea or coffee. 😉
Careful not to eat it all while you store it! It’s dangerously delicious, and without the guilt!
Healthy Banana Bread
Yields 6 Slices
- 1 Cups Oat Flour (rolled oats blended into flour)
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used Hammer’s vanilla flavor- it’s the best)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Chips for Topping
- 2 Tbsp Nuts of Choice for Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan ( I used a small one) with parchment paper or simply spray with non-stick spray so the bread doesn’t stick.
- In a medium bowl mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Next, throw the wet ingredients into a blender ( yogurt, milk, vinegar, egg, bananas, peanut butter), or just mash them separately then incorporate them into the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently until it just combines. Do not over mix 🙂
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, and sprinkle the chocolate chips, nuts, and maybe some extra oats! The approach is yours 😉
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean and the edges are slightly golden.
- Let the bread cool completely then gently take it out of the loaf pan (this should be easy with the parchment paper). If you don’t have it lined with parchment paper, you can run a knife around the edges then flip over once it completely cools! Careful because the chocolate chips might stick to the surface of your hands if not cooled completely.
- Spread some nut butter on these, some greek yogurt, or just enjoy them as they are!
*These store well in the fridge for about a week or in the freezer for about two months. Wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap then defrost the night before you want to eat these! Such an easy and quick to-go breakfast or snack.
*You can also add the chocolate chips to the batter itself, but I absolutely love the goodness on top!