I’ve made this cake for as long as I can remember. I named this one after my husband since it’s his favorite cake! It’s so divine, decadent, and full of flavor. If you ever have a bad day, just have a slice of this and you’ll have the best day of your life. It’s so good! It’s a favorite. You just can’t beat cheesecake.
Yields 12 Slices
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 Cup Graham Crust
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
For the Cheesecake:
- 3- 8 oz Packages of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Lemon Juice
- Zest of Two Lemons
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Berry Topping:
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Berries
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Juice of Half of a Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill a large and steep baking sheet with water half way through ( it doesn’t need to be hot). This will be the water bath that prevents the cheesecake from cracking (optional but recommended).
- In a blender or food processor blend the graham crackers and sugar, and salt.
- Pour the ground cracker mix in a bowl and mix with the melted butter.
- Mix everything together until combined, and press it into your 9″ springform pan.
- Beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until creamy about two minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time on low speed until combined. Bump the speed to medium for another two minutes until everything is creamy and completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the 9″ springform pan on top of the crust, and place the springform pan on top of the large baking sheet that you filled with water.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes. Let it cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight then top it with the berry topping.
- While the cheesecake is baking, make the topping! In a small saucepan heat the berries, sugar, and lemon on medium heat until it starts to bubble and thicken up. This should take about 6-8 minutes. Pour your berry topping into a separate bowl until you’re ready to top the cheesecake.