I know I say this a lot…but this WILL be the easiest recipe you will ever make. It’s also absolutely delicious!
This is now my go to breakfast in the morning. I personally love a healthy delicious grab and go breakfast on days when I don’t feel like whipping something up from scratch and this is perfect. You can heat this up and serve it…or even eat it cold. It’s delicious both ways!
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
Yields: 6 Slices
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 banana (half mashed, half sliced)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened is my preference)
- 5 egg whites or (1/2 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup *optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray or grease with coconut oil/ butter.
- Pour the two cups of uncooked rolled oats evenly at the bottom of the baking sheet. Cut your banana in half and slice that half (if you haven’t already).
- Place the slices on top of the oats, and then aesthetically place all of the blueberries evenly around then set the baking sheet aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the other half of the banana and add the almond milk, egg whites, maple, vanilla, cinnamon, and baking powder. Beat the ingredients together then pour it directly on top of the baking sheet with fruit/ oats.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the top is set. Allow it to cool completely, then slice and serve with yogurt, more berries, and a drizzle of nut butter, or maple syrup. Endless topping possibilities 🙂
*These store well in the refrigerator 5 days, you can also individually wrap and freeze/ defrost for up to 2 months*