This recipe is so incredibly easy and DELICIOUS! You just throw everything in the crock pot, let it cook for hours, and BAM you’re done!
I love how versatile this recipe is! You can use leftovers in pizza, a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, mac and cheese, creamy enchiladas, etc!! It goes well with anything and it will feed the entire family!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
Yields: 5-6 servings
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder (aka pork butt)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2-1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2-1 tablespoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- pineapple salsa (optional but delicious)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce of choice
- Season the pork with a generous amount of salt and pepper then sprinkle the cumin all over the pork. Place the seasoned pork in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the toppings- garlic, salsa, and barbecue sauce then cover and set on low for 6-8 hours.
- Take the pork out of the crock pot and into a bowl to shred then place back in with the juices. (Please note, if you want the fat removed you can just save the juices in a measuring cup and place it in the fridge or on top of ice so the fat hardens on top. Simply trim and remove the fat then cover the pork with the juices).
A few side dish ideas are:
- Mac and Cheese
- Garlicky Mashed Potatoes
- Buttery Biscuits
*These store well in the fridge for 5-6 days! And you may freeze for longer*