I love me a good stack of fluffy pancakes, and since it is berry season I thought i’d share my current favorite!
Maple syrup is optional but provides that perfect hint of sweetness. I love them a little less sweet so I can smoother them with all the maple syrup and nut butter I want! So good. Besides blueberries are super sweet and delicious (I mean it is blueberry season). Let them shine, let them shine, let them shine.
These pancakes also pack a healthy punch of fats, fiber, and protein! Winner winner pancake brinner. 🙂
Yields 2 Servings or 6 Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (Rolled Oats Blended Into Flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup *Optional
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- Toppings of choice- Maple Syrup, Banana, Nut Butter, Ghee
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients- almond flour, oat flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl mix the almond milk, apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes for the ultimate fluff!
- Next add the eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry mix and with a spatula fold until it’s just combined (do not over mix).
- Heat the pancake griddle to medium heat and then pour the mix to the griddle and top with blueberries. Cook them for about 1 ½ minutes on each side or until they’re golden on each side
- Transfer them to a plate and top them off with your favorite toppings! Maple syrup, bananas, nut butter, or more blueberries.
These pancakes taste great, and are incredible for you! That’s a win win in my book. To top it off, these are also very easy to make. I mean, you just blend these ingredients in one blender, and pour it on the griddle, and you’re done! I use a cast iron for these because i love the crisp on the edges.
Also, these are IDEAL after a good workout because they have all the macros & tons of protein thanks to Hammer Whey Protein (the cleanest/ best protein there is)!
Berry Green Pancakes
Recipe: Yields 1 serving of 6-7 mini pancakes
- 4 cups spinach
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used Hammer Whey Vanilla)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1) Using my NutriBullet I pack the spinach to the max line, and I incorporate the egg whites, oats, whey, cinnamon (I usually go heavy on the cinnamon) and milk. (Note, that if you add a lot more spinach the pancakes will come out a little fluffier, and you might need to add the whey, and oats after a couple of blends just so everything doesn’t over fill on the first round)
- 2) Blend all of the ingredients until completely smooth ( and this might take a bit- so be patient).
- 3) Let the batter sit for 5-8 minutes (you can skip this part – i have, but they turn out fluffier when they sit at least five minutes).
- 4) At medium-high heat grease the griddle with non-stick cooking spray, and pour about 1/4 cup of batter or until you reach the maximum capacity onto the griddle (about 6-7 mini pancakes).
- 5) Wait for the pancakes to bubble up a little bit, and use your best judgement to flip over to the next side (you don’t want to burn them, and don’t want to flip too early). I usually wait till they bubble up, and with a spatula check the bottom of the first pancake to see if it’s okay to turn over (it’s okay if it’s a little brown on each side),
- 6) When they’re done, transfer them onto a plate and i usually layer these with slices of a banana, and top them off with Trader Joe’s Flax Chia Peanut Butter, and blackberries with a sprinkle of cinnamon! Yum!