If you love pb&j’s you’ll love these bars! They are so yummy as a snack, for breakfast, or even dessert. They take minutes to assemble making this recipe one of the easiest. You simply make the dough, press half of it on a loaf pan, top it with your favorite jam, then top it off with peanuts/ desired toppings, and then more of the dough on top. It is unreal as to how addicting and delicious these are! Double the recipe if you’re planning on feeding a crowd. You can also freeze these in an airtight container and have them for weeks.
I hope you love this recipe 🙂
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Yields 5 bars or 10 squares
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam (or any kind of jam)
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts coarsely chopped *optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy then adding the honey. Add the vanilla and egg until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly- the flour, baking powder, and salt until you form your dough.
- Press about half of the dough to the bottom of the loaf pan. Pour the jam on top and spread around the entire pan then too with the coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Layer the remaining dough on top of the jam. It’s okay if it doesn’t cover the entire jam! The jam is meant to peak through a little bit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, let it cool completely before taking it out of the loaf pan and cutting it into bars or squares.