Soft and pillow-y right out of the oven. Perfectly sweet with the touch of honey, and that buttery biscuit-y bite. These cookies/biscuits are delicious AND addicting. Beware….your children, husband, and you won’t be able to stop once you have a bite.
Biscuits for breakfast anyone? Yes please! 😉
Chocolate Chip Biscuit Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg *optional
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it really well.
- Gather your dry ingredients (flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg) into a mixing bowl, and mix until combined.
- Add in the honey and egg, and then slowly incorporate the cool melted butter and mix everything together.
- Last, add the semisweet chocolate chips, but reserve a few to top at the end.
- With a cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons drop the biscuit/cookie dough into your prepped baking sheet then top each with the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then bang the baking sheet on the counter just a little bit so the cookies flatten out a little bit. They will still be a little puffy and that’s okay. They are like buttery biscuit cookies…so good!
*Store these at room temperature 4 days or in the freezer for a couple months in an airtight bag*