Juicy moist chicken filled with a delicious creamy, cheesy, spinach filling! If you’re looking to switch it up for lunch or dinner, this is the recipe for you!
I was pleasantly surprised with how much this filling tastes like spinach dip! It definitely elevates the chicken, and bonus points…it’s also nice and healthy ;).
These are great to make ahead and reheat later making them so perfect for meal prepping!
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe!
Creamy Spinach Stuffed Chicken
Yields 4 stuffed chicken breasts
- 4 air chilled (if possible) chicken breasts thinly sliced -you can also slice yourself if you prefer
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 oz (or 1/4 cup) goat cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F and greasing a sheet pan with nonstick spray or laying some foil or parchment paper.
- Place your chicken on the sheet pan, and pat your chicken breasts dry (if not air chilled). Create the slit on the side of the chicken breast opening it up for the filling. Season your chicken with salt and pepper inside and out. You can also drizzle the inside with a little bit of olive oil for extra flavor. Set the chicken aside and start working on the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the frozen spinach (no need to drain or anything), the yogurt, cheeses, and sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Fill the inside of each chicken breast with the creamy spinach filling. Close each chicken breast with either toothpicks or roll and place slit side down on baking sheet (I actually didn’t have toothpicks). If you have extra chicken filling you can just spread the rest on top of the stuffed chicken rolls.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season the top with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
*These store well in the fridge 5 days or cooked in the freezer for a couple months*
*To reheat simply preheat oven to 350 and bake until warmed through or reheat in the microwave for a minute*