This lasagna is unbelievable! It is SO DELICIOUS. My husband devoured it and he’s a picky eater 🙂
It doesn’t have the traditional ricotta cheese filling. Instead, it’s made with a decadent Bechamel Cream Sauce and it’s to die for!
Your entire family will be sure to love this recipe! It’s the perfect cheesy, delicious comforting meal that will bring everybody to the table quick!
A quick note- I made half of this recipe (since it’s just my husband and I) but this will feed the entire family just fine!
Turkey Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel
Yields 8 lasagna squares
- 1 1/2 cup Creamy Bechamel sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use 93/7)
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 12 cooked (or pre cooked) lasagna noodles
- olive oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stockpot or dutch oven pan drizzle some olive oil, garlic, and cook the turkey until cooked through. Add in the sauces, dried herbs, water, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on medium/low for about 20 minutes until the sauces thicken up nicely.
- Meanwhile cook your lasagna noodles if you haven’t already (or if you don’t have the pre cooked noodles). They should boil/ cook according to the instructions. I personally like mine cooked a little past al dente.
- Add in 1/4 cup of milk to the turkey sauce and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese to the sauce. Cover and let it cook another 5-10 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Now it’s time to assemble on a large casserole dish- Start with that turkey marinara sauce at the bottom just enough to coat the bottom of the dish, lay 4 of the lasagna noodles on top (you may have to cut some to make fit), layer with more turkey marinara, white cream bechamel sauce, then some of the mozzarella, some of the parmesan cheese, then another layer of noodles and repeat until you’ve reached the third layer.
- The final topping is the remaining turkey marinara, mozzarella, then parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and everything is cooked through. I love to broil the last 5 minutes or so. The cheese gets super gooey and delicious!
*You can prep ahead- simply cover the casserole dish tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and then bake in the oven prior.
*Leftovers keep well in the fridge 4-5 days.