Nom noms! These are exactly that….delicious. You can’t go wrong with a crispy flavourful fritter topped with creamy sour cream.
These are packed with flavor and have a ton of yummy veggies. That’s a win win over here! Feel free to use any kind of veggie here. Sweet potato or russets would also be divine. It is such an easy recipe you can whip up in no time. It makes the perfect snack or appetizer any time of day.
Yields: 9 Fritters Total
- 2 1/2 cups chopped or shredded veggies ( I used zucchini, carrots, and kale)
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk pancake mix (I used Kodiak)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil for frying (or any oil of choice)
- Sour cream or yogurt for topping
- Start by chopping your veggies and the garlic clove. I placed my veggies in a food processor and pulsed a couple times until the veggies were finely chopped.
- Add your veggie mix to a bowl, and then add the egg, milk, pancake mix, salt and pepper and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Drizzle a frying pan with olive oil and turn the heat to medium high. The oil should be nice and hot but not too hot.
- Grab about 1/4 cup of the mixture and pour into the pan ( like you’re making little pancakes).
- Let them cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they form a nice crust on the outside and the centers are set.
- Repeat this step for all your fritters.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt with chives on top. It’s so delicious!
*You can store these in the fridge for about 4 days*