This bowl is so delightful for lunch. It can be eaten either cold or hot. I personally prefer to heat it up before eating it. I meal prep the ingredients ahead of time which makes it SO EASY to throw together in the morning for lunch in the afternoon. It’s easy to whip up if you have the roasted sweet potato cooked.
You can substitute pretty much any kind of meat, or veggies here! But this combination is heaven.
Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Recipe: Yields 1 Buddha Bowl
- 4-6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Chopped Avocado
- Micro Greens * (optional but helps boost nutrients)
- 4 oz. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Hummus
- Coconut or Olive Oil for Cooking
- Start by heating a non-stick skillet, and adding a little bit of oil.
- Add your spinach. It won’t take too long for it to cook and wilt. It may seem like a lot of spinach but it will get smaller once it’s sauteed. You can add bell peppers, or mushrooms here to boost the flavor and a little bit of salt and pepper if you wish.
- Next, assemble the bowl. Place the cooked spinach, then the rest of the ingredients and top with hummus.
- If you meal prep this recipe, simply heat it up in the microwave for 1:30-2 minutes and then stir it all up and eat it.
*Note – this recipe stores well in the fridge for about 3-4 days!*