These dreamy donuts melt in your mouth because they are so soft, and incredibly moist. If you love that fresh coconut taste and smell you will LOVE these donuts! The coconut isn’t over powering. It’s the perfect spring dessert!
Coconut Dream Donuts
Servings: 8 Donuts
- 1 Cup and 2 Tbsp (160g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp (29g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2Tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp real coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (118ml) canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 Cup (89g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (23ml) coconut milk, or as needed
- 1 Tbsp (11g) salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp real coconut extract
- 1/2 cup (28g) finely shredded coconut, toasted or untoasted (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment blend together butter and sugar then mix in vegetable oil.
- Mix in one egg then mix in second egg, coconut extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture then mix on low until combined, mix in 1/2 of the coconut milk and the apple cider vinegar.
- Mix in another 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by remaining 1/2 of the coconut milk. Mix in last 1/3 of the flour, fold batter with a rubber spatula to ensure it’s evenly incorporated.
- Spray donut pans with non-stick baking spray. Transfer batter to a gallon size resealable bag.
- Cut a small corner from bag and pipe batter into donut pans, coming about 1/3-inch from the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until donuts are set, about 8 – 11 minutes. Let cool in pan for about 3 minutes then invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, butter and coconut extract until smooth.
- Place coconut in a bowl. Dip cooled donuts in glaze then let excess run off and dip glazed portion in coconut.
- Return to wire rack to let glaze set. Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature.